1. If the lift in problem, moves up with an acceleration equal to the acceleration due to gravity, the reading on the spring balance will be ?
2. A man is standing on a weighing machine placed in a lift, when stationary, his weight is recorded as 40 kg. If the lift is accelerated upwards with an acceleration of 2m /s 2 , then the weight recorded in the machine will be (g = 10 m/s 2) ?
3. An elevator weighing 6000 kg is pulled upward by a cable with an acceleration of 5 ms -2 . Taking g to be 10 ms -2 , then the tension in the cable is ?
4. The ratio of the weight of a man in a stationary lift and when it is moving downward with uniform acceleration ‘a’ is 3 : 2. The value of ‘a’ is (g- Acceleration due to gravity on the earth) ?
5. A 60 kg man stands on a spring scale in the lift. At some instant he finds, scale reading has changed from 60 kg to 50 kg for a while and then comes back to the original mark. What should we conclude ?
6. A bird is sitting in a large closed cage which is placed on a spring balance. It records a weight placed on a spring balance. It records a weight of 25 N. The bird (mass = 0.5kg) flies upward in the cage with an acceleration of 2m /s 2 . The spring balance will now record a weight of ?
7. A bird is sitting in a wire cage hanging from the spring balance. Let the reading of the spring balance be W 1 . If the bird flies about inside the cage, the reading of the spring balance is W 2 . Which of the following is true ?
8. Two blocks of mass 4 kg and 6 kg are placed in contact with each other on a frictionless horizontal surface. If we apply a push of 5 N on the heavier mass, the force on the lighter mass will be ?
9. In the above problem, if a push of 5 N is applied on the lighter mass, the force exerted by the lighter mass on the heavier mass will be ?
10. In the above problem, the acceleration of the lighter mass will be ?